Final piece

Outside-In-Mural_Final_Web

We are delighted to announce that the final ‘Outside In’ piece is here! (Hint: get a closer, full browser sized look by clicking on the image!)

Now it’s over to you!

We want to know what you think!

Take a look – what do you see? How does it make you feel? What do you learn from it?

We welcome all comments from everyone. Nothing too simple or too rude.

You can leave a reply in the comments below, or if you’d rather keep it private you can email me or get us on twitter! And please share us around!

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

17 Comments Add yours

1. Ruth says:

Leave your comments here!

2. cathy bowyer says:

Love the visual impact and vibrancy. It would make me stop and read what goes with it.

3. Steve bowyer says:

The artwork certainly entices you in to read the words, including if you don’t think you like science

4. Philippa says:

A beautiful piece of art! Very thought provoking.

5. Hong says:

Weird and serene. The feeling it gives me reminds me of ‘Akira’, where the ugliness and beauty within a sci-fi setting intersect. I’d love to meet the artist and scientist to hear their inspiration for this piece. There are lots of details to explore. Really cool :).

6. Marina says:

Very interesting piece of work indeed! I look at this and can’t avoid thinking if the host may have IBD, it seems like there is a little bit of inflammation on the background.

7. Sameer and Shiskit says:

Very eye catching and emotive. Lots of different things going on, each with their own intricacies – a bit like science I guess! We love it!!

8. Si Heard says:

Looks fantastic! I love the colour mix of saturated colours and more muted tones, works really well with the striking and surreal subject matter.

9. Ross Keenan says:

Very compelling and bold piece, with a definite psychedelic feel. The artwork seems to describe forms of destructive and constructive forces, am intrigued to learn more!

10. Winnie Agbonlahor says:

It looks like the woman is lying on a sea of her own organs, but she seems quite content! It’s quite eery but, strangely, also up-lifting :)… Are the little sticks meant to be organisms that exist inside as well as outside the body?

11. Winnosa says:

12. Heidi says:

It’s an amazing piece of art. I think I’m much more of a literal person and to see the themes of your work portrayed like this is therefore much more interesting for me and makes me think about the impact of my environment on my health in a different way than I would otherwise.

13. sarahmwells says:

I love this piece! So much detail and theming worked into a fantastic piece of art. The more I looked, the deeper I fell into it. How the subject and her components interact with the environment makes me wonder what environmental pressures I put on my own body. Thank you

14. Gareth says:

Amazing work! I really enjoy how the piece brings landscape and diet together. Joining the macro landscape in the gut and the wider outside landscape of food and produce. I’m looking forward to seeing the scale of this piece in the flesh.

15. Nick says:

I was about to exit Bush House when I spotted this piece on display and had to stop for a closer look. As well as being visually pleasing, I got a real sense of gentle but busy flow / change from the work. Reflecting what I read in the blurb, I am pleased that the reclined figure, which I didn’t immediately identify, blends as a piece of a whole rather than a ‘main’ subject just as the body is only part of the microbiome. Furthermore, the references to different artistic styles present alongside the spectrum of complementary colours used give a sense of cohesion and progress. I very much enjoyed looking at this work, well done and thank you for sharing it with us!

Liked by 1 person

16. Dan says:

I really like the idea of this project and the piece of art which I first saw at lmm7 conference. For me it captures the constant changes and rhythm of the microbiome both internal and external

Liked by 1 person